Vacancy: Packhouse Operatives
Reporting to: Production Manager
Contract: Permanent and fixed-term available (1st November 2020- 21st May 2021)
Hours: guaranteed minimum of 35 hours 15th May – 14th October, guaranteed minimum of 45 hours per week 15th October-14th May.
5 days per week to include one day at the weekend,
Variable working patterns available, will be discussed during interview.
Location: Orchard Farm, School Road, Salford Priors
Job Purpose: To pack produce in accordance with customer specification.
Angus Soft Fruits Ltd is a leading supplier of berries to UK and European retailers. Established in 1994 and through collaboration with over 50 like minded growers we are expanding rapidly we breed, grow and pack berries around the world to ensure a consistent supply of the best-tasting fruit for our customers.
- Integrity – we do the right thing, meeting industry standards
- Exceed – we over-deliver
- Efficient – as experts we continuously seek to improve our supply chain processes and costs
- Innovate – we develop new varieties and other creative approaches
- Collaborate – we work closely with colleagues, customers and suppliers to build long term relationships
About the role
We are recruiting for a minimum of 20 Packhouse Operatives to sort and pack produce according to quality standards and customer requirements. The postholders will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times, maintain clean working areas and report any issues to the line leader. For a copy of the job description, please see below.
You will have experience of working in fast-paced environment. With ability to communicate effectively in English to meet business needs, use your initiative and work effectively as part of a team are essential for this rewarding role. Physical fitness is also essential as during peak season you will be required to stand and pack on the line for up to 12 hours per day.
Why join Angus Soft Fruits?
- Higher than national minimum wage;
- Generous holiday entitlement that increases with service;
- Birthday leave;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Reward and recognition for a job well done;
- Opportunity to work with a great team and a successful company;
- Family-friendly policies.
If you have what it takes to join our successful team, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify if you are interested in permanent or fixed term role.
Due to the volume of applications received, we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier.
Closing Date: 04/10/2020
Interview Date: TBC
Previous applicants need not apply.
* No agencies please *