Packed with energising wholegrains and vitamin boosting blueberries this easy salad will help revitalise and boost your immune system.
- Serves 4
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 30-40 minutes
Maple roasted vegetables
- 150g (5oz) pack baby carrots with green tops, scrubbed
- 400g (14oz) baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g (9oz) pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
- 100g (4oz) spinach, rocket and watercress salad
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 100g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.