This year, we have been donating our surplus fruit to FareShare, in a bid to support them in fighting hunger and tackling food waste. It has been a brilliant partnership and one we will be continuing to build and expand on during 2022.
This week, we received some fantastic feedback from FareShare, giving us some insight into just how much food waste we have saved by helping those in need . We are delighted to share the results with you:
From May this year, we have donated:
- 43 tonnes of fruit
- This is the equivalent to 62,930 meals
- Our food donations have helped a total of 1,126 charities.
Our surplus fruit has gone to:
- 442 Charities servicing people on low or no income
- 179 clubs serving school children and families
- 140 services serving people experiencing homelessness
- 56 community groups serving older people
- 63 organisations serving people with health conditions.
- … and 246 other organisations, including those supporting young adults, refugees & asylum seekers and people affected by domestic abuse.
Supporting a wide range of charities such as:
- Advice and resource centres
- Childcare support
- Community centres
- Drop in centres
- Food banks
- Medical facilities
- Children’s services, such as out of school clubs
- Training centres
This really is an incredible achievement that everyone at Angus Soft Fruits is extremely proud of, we would encourage any business that can donate in this way to do so.