Quick to mix together, light, refreshing and low in calories. Plus this healthy salad is just bursting with health boosting antioxidants, vitamin C and protein to help keep you in tip top shape.
- Serves 4
- Prep: 25 minutes
- 450g (1lb) strawberries, hulled, halved, larger ones quartered
- 500g (1lb 2oz) watermelon, peeled, seeds discarded, cut into cubes
- ¼ cucumber, skin partly peeled away, deseeded, diced
- 1 little gem lettuce, thickly sliced
- 180g pack frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted, rinsed with cold water, drained
- ½ x 60g pack baby kale leaves
- 50g (2oz) pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- ½-1 large mild red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, to taste
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large shallow bowl and gently toss together with two spoons.
- Fork all the dressing ingredients together, drizzle over the salad and serve with warmed flatbreads.
Rather than adding prawns and mint this salad also tastes great with cubed goats cheese and chopped coriander.