Ingredients for 20 pieces
- 1 ½ cup short grain rice (300gr)
- 2 cups water (480ml)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconutmilk ((240ml)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium pot combine the rice, water, sugar and salt. Cook on low heat fora bout 20 minutes or untill all the rice absorbs the water.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla. The mixture should be moldable. Cook a few minutes longe rif it’s to runny.
- Slice fruit of choice into long or thin pieces.
- *Note: Use a potato peeler to shave thin slices off the mango.
- Lay a bamboo rolling pad on a counter top, and place a square of wax paper over top. Spread the rice about ½ inch (1cm) thick over the paper into approximately a 7×5 inch (17×12 cm) rectangle.
- Toast a ¼ cup (25gr) of coconut shreds for 3 minutes.
- Lay the fruit pieces on the rice, and roll up carefully. If rice sticks tot he paper to much, try spreading it a little thicker.
- Coat the rolls with either the mango slices, or the toasted coconut.
- Slide each roll into 6 pieces.
- With the rest of the rice, roll into balls (like nigiri)
- Place thin slices of kiwi or strawberries over top with half a blackberry on top.
- Blend ¼ cup (25gr) raspberries with ¼ cup (60ml) water to make a dipping sauce.